Erin Solstice, or usually just Erin, is one of the protagonists of the web series The Wandering Inn. She, like many others from Earth, was teleported to another world.
She is quite social, and tends to speak a lot. She is not very deceptive and is bad at keeping secrets from others. She is very politically correct, and goes to great pains to enforce equal rights within the territory of her inn.
If she is threatened, she does not hesitate to fight back, however she is unlikely to throw the first punch.
She loves playing chess, but is unwilling to view it as anything more than a game, thus preventing her from gaining levels for being skilled in it.
After having arrived in this new harsh world, she found an empty inn. With no place to go, she took it as her own and decided to reopen it under the name The Wandering Inn, hoping it would make it easier for her to survive. With no prior experience of handling an inn, she is often met with hardships and slowly has to accustom herself to a live as an innkeeper.
When Erin was going around a corner in her home in Michigan intending to enter the bathroom, she suddenly finds herself in a dragon cave.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- [Advanced Cleaning] (derived from [Basic Cleaning])
- [Advanced Cooking] (derived from [Basic Cooking])
- [Advanced Crafting] (derived from [Basic Crafting])
- [Alcohol Brewer]
- [Bar Fighting]
- [Control Pitch]
- [Crowd Control]
- [Immunity: Alcohol]
- [Inn’s Aura]
- [Inn: Field of Preservation]
- [Inn: Magical Grounds]
- [Inn: Reinforced Structure]
- [Lesser Endurance]
- [Lesser Strength]
- [Loud Voice]
- [Minotaur Punch] (derived from [Power Strike])
- [Perfect Recall]
- [Quick Recovery]
- [Unerring Throw]
Unique Skills: Edit
- [Immortal Moment]
- [Wondrous Fare]
- She dislikes the name Erin Solstice. Both are first names, and both could belong to either a girl or a boy.
- She's from Michigan.
- Erin was at the earliest teleported to innsworld in early October 2016, as she has been shown to know a quote from Trump that was released at that time. (“But he’s the one who said grab women by the—”)
- Erin is a firm believer in pepperoni when it comes to pizzas; she could take or leave pineapples, but she refuses to acknowledge anchovies.
- When she was younger, she dreamed of being a astronaut. Then, when she’d been slightly older she’d wanted to be a legendary chess player, someone who could beat even a computer in chess. And then she’d wanted to be a chess commentator, someone with a huge following or even a Youtube channel.
- According to Lady Magnolia, there are five people who might win against Erin in chess: " an old fool, the world’s smallest strategist, a reclusive mage, a miserable king and a dashing and quite charming lord."
- Erin was once in an online relationship with mysterio_Gamer12, whom she met during online chess games. She had been certain he was a handsome guy...that was until she found out, during one awkward Skype conversation, that mysterio was actually a Polish girl who thought she was a guy.
- Due to her actions, she is considered and called insane by a lot of the cast.
Volume 1 Edit
- (To Herself) “Ever since I came to this world everything’s been going wrong, huh?”
- (To Herself) “It could be flour. Or—alternatively, it could be cocaine.”
- (To Relc) “…Are you sure you’re not a dragon?”
- (To Herself) “Horses eat grass, but I’ll pass, so I’ll go to the city fast. Or I’ll die of starvation! And once I’m there I’ll eat ten pears and—hey, is that a Goblin?”
- (To Herself) “That lying, pasta-eating snake-ant jerk!”
- (To Krshia) “You know! Riding the cotton pony! It’s that thing ladies have! The waterfalls of hell! The blood baptism! The get-out-of-swim-class card! The proof of womanhood! The part of the month where blood comes out of your—”
- (To Herself) “I hate all bugs. Except for Klbkch. No, actually, I hate him too. At least bugs don’t lie to my face.
- (To Pisces) "And then I’m going to feed you until you explode like one of the flies."
- (To Herself) “Stupid worlds that don’t have ice cream. Stupid Gnolls who act nice and look at me like I’m insane. How does anyone live without ice cream and cookies?”
- (To Pawn) “I don’t even know what it means to be human. All I know is that there’s a big hole in my heart. Because Klbkch and the Worker died. I don’t know who I am or what I’m doing. I’m just—sad.”
- (To Pawn) “I just am. That’s how it works. You don’t get to choose to be someone. You just are. Even if you’re not special. Even if you don’t want to be. You just are.”
- (To Pisces) “In case anyone’s wondering, I cannot shoot blood out of my crotch.”
- (To Pisces) “It’s weaker than I am! I punched it this morning and its head came clean off!”
- (To Krshia) "Oh, um, yeah. I’m from another world. Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier.”
- (To Ceria) “Um…Elen síla lúmenn’ omentielvo? Is that right?”
- (To Calruz) “Um. Do you like mazes?”
- (To Herself) “Winter is coming.”
- (To Toren & Rags) “The king is smart and uses his head. For if he moves, he’ll soon be dead.”
- (To Hersefl) “Great. My undead skeleton sucks at chess.”
- (To Herself) “I am a queen. And this is my inn.”
- (To Skinner) “Come on. Let’s end this.”
Volume 2 Edit
- (To Ryoka) "Um, you know how you were talking about survival and all that? Well, just imagine the coffins as one big…diaper.”
- (To Krshia) “I just want to sit by myself and not do anything. Just sit and play chess, okay? I’ll be better once I’m at the inn. Once I’m home.”
- (Thoughts) If she saw a stuffed yellow bear she was going to lose her mind. But Hawk was real in a different way. He wasn’t like Rabbit, more like the rabbit-version of Usain Bolt. Yeah, that was probably closer.
- (To Selys) “But it looks so fluffy and poofy and—”
- (To Selys) “Right, right. But he’s so fluffy.”
- (To Pisces) “Okay. You’ve officially made the most horrible thing in existence. Undead spiders. Good for you. Now take it out of my inn.”
- (To Frost Faeries) “Frost Faeries. Bringers of Winter. I invite you in. I open my doors to the Fey, and offer you this simple banquet.”
- (To Ceria) “Oh, I come from another world. Ryoka does too.”
- (To Toren) “That’s it. Out! Shoo! Don’t come back until later, and stop being…creepy! Understand?”
- (To Brunkr) “My name is Erin Solstice. This is my inn. And. You. Are. Trespassing.”
- (To Herself) “Minotaur! Punch! Punch! Minotaur…[Minotaur Punch]!”
- (To Moore) “…Hodor?”
- (To Jelaqua & Seborn) “Really? I mean…oh. That’s cool? I mean, not cool exactly, but it’s nice? Not that being Human is cool or nice or not being Human is bad, but—um. Sorry. Thanks for helping, and uh, nice to meet you?”
- (To Herself) “I’ve just been plagiarized! Again!”
- (To Halrac) “Hey, look! A keg! I wonder what’s in it?”
- (To Halrac) “Come on, it’s only a drink! Just a few flowers—more than a few! It’s not a drug if it’s magic, and you’re not overdosing or whatever! Come on, wake up!”
- (To Reynold) “But sort of incorrect? Do you always travel around like this? How do the ghost horses work? What if you get attacked? Do you want some of this cheese? There’s lots.”
- (To Magnolia) “I want to protect the people around me. That’s all. I have friends. I don’t want them to die. I want to help them, and some day find a way home. And live in peace. That’s all.”
- (To Magnolia) “If I punch you, would Ressa kill me?”
- (To Herself) “I think I really hate her.”
- (To Klbkch) “Don’t worry! I’m going to bring a frying pan and a knife.”
- (To Lyon) “I didn’t say you were. But we’re all working in this inn together, Lyon. I own it, but I need your help.”
- (To Lyon) “Some monsters are horrible, but this is magic. And we’re on an adventure, right?”
- (To Herself) “Snow Golem brain-snow.”
- (To Jerad) “Oh hey. I’m lost. My skeleton ran off. Can you help me?”
Volume 3 Edit
- (To Grev) “You’ve caused enough trouble for your sister. Try and run off and I’ll throw the plate at you next time. And if that doesn’t work, I’ll take this fork and shove it—”
- (To Pisces) “Yeah, shut up, Pisces! You were nicer back when you were in Wistram.”
- (To Pisces) “Because other people were jerks to you. I get it. But you still became sort of a jerk yourself, you know.”
- (To Pisces) “You. Ceria told me about how you used to duel people, and cast magic. You sounded cool.”
- (To Mrsha) “Mrsha! Calm down. It’s good to see you! Please get off. Please?”
- (To Lyon) “I’m back! Hey Lyon, did you miss me?”
- (To Zel) “Whoa. You’re tall. Um. Hi. I’m Erin Solstice. I sort of own this inn, but I’ve been gone…wait, did you say Shivertail? Are you related to Selys?”
- (To Klbkch) “Isn’t it? Us Humans are so intriguing. Except that I think Antinium are way more interesting.”
- (To Klbkch) “Something. Anything. Give your time to someone else to talk, give a bit of trust, or a helping hand. Give them a second, and maybe you’ll get something back.”
- (To Klbkch) “Then you don’t. Maybe you’ll never get anything no matter how much you give. Maybe you’ll never be friends. That’s how it works. But to make a friend, you have to try. Just try.”
- (To Termin) “Okay, don’t pet the beaver. Well, can’t we get rid of it?”
- (To Ceria) “Can you get rid of it? You can talk to animals, right? Can you get it off the road so Termin can keep going?”
- (To Krshia) “But I need to say it. I hired Lyonette, and I know you were upset. It must be so hard—if I can do anything, I will. That’s what friends are for.”
- (To Ryoka) Christmas! It’s Christmas soon! You must come back with presents! We will have party! Can you take carriage back? Tell Reynold he is invited too!
- (To Ryoka) Come, please! Party is in two days! Come for Christmas! Tell Magnolia she is Scrooge! Ressa is cool.
- (To Herself) “One bee, two bee, three bees…this one’s twitching. Ew. Four bees, five bees, ooh, big bee! Seven bees…”
- (To Brunkr) “Have faith in me. I want to help. And I know what I’m doing.”
- (To Krshia) “That’s just who I am. A silly believer.”
- (To Herself) “It looks like it’s going to be an interesting year.”
Volume 4 Edit
- (To Bird) “Bird! Guard! Bird House! I pay, you shoot! Birds! Bird!”
- (To Gold-rank Adventurers) “Will do! Oh, by the way, did Lyonette tell you all about what I wanted to talk to you earlier about but never got the chance to talk about?”
- (To Everyone) “Make way! Cake! Make way for the cake! Oh, hey Mister Zel and you. Do I know you? And hi Klbkch! You and your friend will want to eat this. Wait, do I know you?”
- (To Regrika) “It was your smile. You smiled like Mrsha does when she’s been naughty. Kids are bad liars. And so are you.”
Chapter Appearances Edit